Computer Technology - Skills Pro
Skillspro is training the Skillspro 40- Modular series in the adult education and corporate training market with great success. The curriculum could also be deployed in secondary schools, or for professional development. Looking towards the future: “Our kids need to be at the forefront of technology as they graduate and enter the workforce of the next century, and Skillspro are making sure they get there”. We currently service students, teachers and administrators within the Grade R-12 schools, FET market and Corporate market.
The Benefits of the Skills Pro Curriculum
- Step-By-Step directions for instruction totally eliminates the need for hours of preparation and extensive research.
- Manuals are ideal for Classroom training but can also be used as self-paced manuals.
- Learning Material has a modular approach with progression of skills per module.
- Manuals are designed to meet ALL the Skills Shortages from starter to specialised level.
- Friendly designs with many screenshots facilitates easy understanding.
- Realistic scenarios and work-related case studies promote easy learning.
- Tips provide useful information to develop learner’s skills.
- Summaries and self-assessments at the end of each chapter/ module allows learners to consolidate and reflect on their work.
After completing 20 Compulsory Skillspro Modules, ACE students received 2 Credits. After completing 36 Compulsory Skillspro Modules, ACE Students received 4 Credits = 1 Major Subject at ACE.
Technology Areas Covered in the Skills Pro Curriculum
- Keyboarding (5 Modules)
- Operating System – Windows (3 Modules)
- Word processing (9 Modules)
- Spreadsheets (8 Modules)
- Desktop Publisher (2 Modules)
- Basic Concepts of IT (2 Modules)
- Multimedia (5 Modules)
- Database (7 Modules)
- Internet (4 Modules)
The vision of Futurekids South Africa is to bring 21st century technology skills to all our schools countrywide. Working directly with educators during quarterly curriculum training sessions, we assist teachers to use technology in lesson planning, learner assessment as well as integrating technology into the classroom curriculum. Real Journeys in Technology is a technology curriculum for grades R-8 that is ideal for computer labs. The Real Journey curriculum is based on a scope and sequence of 850 learning objectives in ten key technology areas. The Real Journeys curriculum is used by over 3 million students worldwide and has been translated in over 40 languages.
Active Student Learning
Using projects that are linked with Language, Social studies, Math and Science content, Real Journeys in Technology promotes active student learning in the following technology areas:
- Operating Environments
- Desktop Publishing
- Applied Technology
Future Fun CAPS
- The Futurekids curriculum is recognised worldwide as the best of its kind to teach computer skills in a sequential way to learners, building on this scope and sequence from a very young age
- The Futurekids curriculum is currently the only of its kind that is endorsed by the 21st Century Classroom
- The Futurekids curriculum is currently endorsed by Cambridge University
- The Futurekids curriculum is the only of its kind that is worldwide accepted by Christian, Muslim and Hindu countries and is currently showing the biggest growth in Asian countries – especially in China.
- The Futurekids curriculum is the only of its kind which is endorsed by Intel and Microsoft
- Futurekids is in partnership with Microsoft Corp. Our relationship with Microsoft allows us to tightly align our products and services to the global leader in software solutions. Customers receive the truly integrated end-to-end solution.
- The Futurekids curriculum is the only of its kind which is worldwide supported by Lenovo.
- The series consist of a Teachers’ Guide with weekly lesson plansas well as a Learner workbook which could be used for enrichment as well as remedial purposes. The focus of the learner workbook is to improve reading in our Primary schools. Each grade’s full-year curriculum contains 35 interactive project-based and adventure-themed lessons.